Tuesday, August 02, 2005

What is Screen Left?

I chose my name after much thought and deliberation. No I am not making a political statement. Screen Left is just that. Screen Left on your TV. I chose this name in honor of the new VJ movement. Most of the interviewees in a VJ story are facing Screen Left...because they are looking at the VJ. VJ'ing is a new movement in television newsgathering that is being pushed by a guy named Michael Rosenblum. He is become quite the pariah among the grunts of TV News...the photogs. He is a consultant who is an advocate of one person shooting, writing, editing and voicing a story. It gets rid of the 2 person crew that has been the standard in a local television news story. Time will tell if his plan is going to succeed. There are questions that need to be answered. What about live shots? What about time sensitive stories?

No comments: